Issue - meetings
Quarter 2 Revenue budget monitor
The Director of Care and Health introduced the report which set out the financial monitoring information for the Adult Social Care and Public Health Committee and provided an overview of budget performance for this area of activity. The report also detailed the projected year-end revenue position, as reported at quarter 2 (Apr-Sep) 2021/22. It was reported that the projected year-end revenue forecast position was £0.481m favourable which was partly as a consequence of reduced central staffing cost due to a lower than expected take up of the Real Living Wage. Members expressed disappointment in the take up on the Real Living Wage in the sector where it was outlined that there was some resistance from the independent fee-paying providers.
Resolved – That
(1) the projected year-end revenue forecast position of £0.481m favourable, as reported at quarter 2 (Apr – Sep) of 2021/22 be noted.
(2) the progress on the achievement of approved savings and the projected year end forecast position at quarter 2 (Apr – Sep) of 2021/22 be noted.
(3) the reserves allocated to the Committee for future one-off commitments be noted.
(4) the projected year-end capital forecast position of £0.125m adverse, as reported at quarter 2 (Apr – Sep) of 2021/22 be noted.
(5) the current activity profiles from 2018 to quarter 2 (April – Sep) of 2021/22 be noted.