Issue - meetings
Appointment of Sub-Committees
- Policy and Resources Sub-Committee Membership 2023-24, item 11 PDF 168 KB
- Policy and Resources Appointed Sub-Committee Membership 2023-24, item 11 PDF 168 KB
- Webcast for Appointment of Sub-Committees
The Director of Law and Governance introduced the report which enabled the Committee, in accordance with the relevant statutory provisions and the terms of the Constitution, to appoint Members to the three Sub-Committees of the Policy and Resources Committee for 2023/2024, which were Senior Officer Appointments and Staffing Sub-Committee, Finance Sub-Committee and Shareholder Board.
It was clarified that only three members had served on the Shareholder Board during 2022/23, but that 5 members was more politically inclusive as it enabled a representative of the Liberal Democrat group to be appointed.
Resolved – That
(1) the Senior Officer Appointments and Staffing Sub-Committee be appointed for 2023-24 with the terms of reference as referred to in paragraph 3.1 of this report and consist of:
(i) the Leader (Chair of Policy & Resources Committee), or in their absence the Deputy Leader (Vice-Chair), who shall chair the Sub-Committee;
(ii) a member from each of the other Political Groups represented on the Policy & Resources Committee; and
(iii) the Chair, or in their absence the Vice-Chair, of the Policy & Services Committee with terms of reference most closely associated with the post concerned (or if that committee concerned is deemed to be the Policy & Resources Committee then the Deputy Leader (Vice-Chair).
the Finance Sub-Committee be appointed for 2023-24 with the
terms of reference identified with 5 members of the Policy and
the Shareholder Board be appointed for 2023-24 with the terms of
reference identified with 5 members of the Policy and Resources
the Contain Outbreak Management Fund Working Group not be
re-established, and that the Director of Public be requested to
present a summary outcome report to the Health and Wellbeing
(5) the Monitoring Officer as Proper Officer be authorised to carry out the wishes of the Group Leaders in allocating Members to membership and substitute membership of those sub-committees, listed in resolutions (1) to (4) above and to appoint those Members with effect from the date at which the Proper Officer is advised of the names of such Members.