Agenda and minutes

Venue: Wirral Multicultural Organisation, 111 Conway Street, Birkenhead, Wirral CH41 6BT

Contact: Andy Brannan  Community Engagement Officer 0151 691 8391

No. Item


Welcome and Introductions and Apologies


The Chair, Councillor J Stapleton welcomed the Forum members and24 members of the public to the Birkenhead, Tranmere & Rock Ferry Area Forum meeting held at Wirral Multicultural Organisation Building.




Councillor P Davies and B Davies




Update on 20mph zones


Mary Bagley gave a presentation on the proposed 20 mph zones for this forum area. Handouts were available giving detailed information and feedback cards could be filled in to give peoples views on the proposed scheme. 


A discussion was held was held on some of the road safety issues in the area, if the maps will be available in large print and the 20 mph zones being placed to the road side to allow access for wheelchair users.




-The Police to give attention to Price Street from Hamilton Square towards North Birkenhead as cars are speeding.


-The Police to liaise with residents in Cavendish Drive and explore the possibility of training residents to use the radar speed guns and volunteer to monitor the road.



Neighbourhood Plan Update

  • Your Economy
  • Your Family
  • What Next/Future Funding


Andy Brannan gave a presentation on the Your Economy and Your Family aspects of the neighbourhood plan consultation and what people said were a priority under these headings.


A discussion was held on how the consultation was undertaken and which groups of people contributed to the results in the focus sessions.



Partner Updates


Community Safety:


Ian Lowrie gave an update on crime statistics and the procedure for voting in the forth coming Police and Crime Commissioner elections.


Merseyside Police:


Chris Lucan Pratt gave an update on location Police issues and answers questions on dangerous dogs, the proposal for the waterfront park at Bromborough Landfill and cycling on pavements.


Action: The Police to give attention to people cycling on the kerb by Dacre Hill.


Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service:


Paul Murphy gave an overview of the fire service, their community plans and how people can have home safety fire checks.


Wirral NHS Membership Scheme:


Dave Hammond gave an update on the NHS membership scheme, the consultation process and becoming a foundation trust. Questions were asked if there any PFI schemes in Wirral and the difficulties getting doctors appointments in the area.




- Dave Hammond to find out if there any PFI schemes in Wirral.


-The issues around the difficulties in getting doctors appointments to be passed to Fiona Johnson, Director of Public Health.


Public Question Time


Questions were asked on:


-The dog fouling team, street lighting and a discussion around the Tranmere Tunnels.




-Technical Services to check the street lights in Lorn Street and Lees Avenue and the corrosion to the lamp posts in Cavendish Drive.


-The Dog Fouling Team to check their contact telephone number is working as a number of residents raised an issue around the number not being answered.


Date of Next Neighbourhood Forum:


Date:  11th October 2012.


Venue: Bedford Drive Primary School, Birkenhead, Wirral CH42 6RT