Venue: Council Chamber, Wallasey Town Hall. View directions
Contact: Shirley Hudspeth Committee and Civic Services Manager
Webcast: View the webcast
Apologies for Absence
Declarations of Interest
Exempt Information - Exclusion of the Press and Public
The following items contain exempt information.
RECOMMENDATION: That, under section 100 (A) (4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined by paragraph 3 of Part I of Schedule 12A (as amended) to that Act. The Public Interest test has been applied and favours exclusion.
Award of Public Health Contracts for the Adult Tier Two Weight Management Service - Exempt appendix
Terms of Reference
The JSCB is established to focus on the commissioning, strategic design and performance management of health and care services on Wirral, including the outcomes and quality of those services. The JSCB will oversee the development of population based commissioning.
The JSCB Cabinet Committee will undertake the following duties and responsibilities, exercising delegated powers of the WBC Executive and formulating recommendations for adoption by the WBC Cabinet and / or the CCG Governing Body, as the case may be, that seek –
· To promote the integration of health and social services generally across WBC and CCG;
· To approve integrated health and care commissioning strategies;
· To approve large scale health and care transformation programmes;
· To approve and maintain oversight of plans and oversight of delivery for specific areas such as:
o Better Care Fund Schemes
o Urgent Care Transformation
o Commissioning Prospectus
o Learning Disabilities Plan;
· To ensure effective stewardship of Section 75 pooled monies and address any issues of concern;
· To maintain oversight of health and care system performance and address any issues of concern;
· To ensure the implementation of integrated health and care commissioning strategies and transformation programmes.
In making decisions and / or recommendations to the Cabinet and / or the Governing Body, as the case may be, the JSCB Cabinet Committee will look to ensure that those actions will seek in all cases –
· To reduce inequalities;
· To secure greater public involvement;
· To commission services effectively, efficiently and equitably;
· To secure quality improvements;
· To promote choice and inclusion.
The JSCB Cabinet Committee will not consider or deal with any matters relating to individual patients, service users or carers, including complaints or requests for specific treatments or services, which will be managed through existing procedures. The JSCB Cabinet Committee will review service user and patient experience data at an ‘aggregate’ rather than individual level.
The JSCB Cabinet Committee will make its decisions in accordance with the Budget and Policy Framework of Wirral Council and any matter coming before the JSCB Cabinet Committee that might involve a decision contrary to the Budget and Policy Framework shall be referred to the Cabinet for confirmation and, if necessary, referral to the full Council.