Proposal to Change the Council's Discretionary Severance Scheme
- Meeting of Cabinet, Thursday, 20th December 2012 5.30 p.m. (Item 153.)
- View the background to item 153.
The Chief Executive submitted a report which provided the Cabinet with a range of options to change the Council’s Enhanced Discretionary Severance Scheme, including an update on the consultation process in relation to this.
Cabinet were asked to consider the options and the consultation feedback, and to make a decision in relation to changing the Council’s current Enhanced Discretionary Severance Scheme.
Councillor Phil Davies informed the Cabinet of the need to seek an urgent meeting with the Government to see how much might be capitalised.
On a motion by Councillor Phil Davies, seconded by Councillor George Davies, it was -
Resolved – That Cabinet:
(1) Recognises the importance of adopting a severance scheme which is as generous as possible. However, it also recognises that any scheme must be workable, affordable and reasonable having regard to the foreseeable costs.
(2) Agrees to note the report of the Chief Executive and to defer a decision on changes to the Enhanced Discretionary Severance Scheme pending advice from Government on how much it is prepared to allow Wirral Council to capitalise.
(3) Agrees to resume discussions with the trade unions as soon as possible once the position on capitalisation is clear.
- Discretionary Severance Report, item 153. PDF 110 KB
- Discretionary Severance Scheme Appendix 1, item 153. PDF 36 KB
- Discretionary Severance Scheme Appendix 2, item 153. PDF 44 KB
- EIA Severance 2 schemes, item 153. PDF 279 KB
- EIA Severance flat weeks, item 153. PDF 273 KB
- EIA Severance reduced multiplier, item 153. PDF 272 KB
- EIA Severance Statutory Capped, item 153. PDF 278 KB
- EIA Severance Statutory uncapped, item 153. PDF 281 KB