Outcome of Further Consultation on the Establishment of a C of E Controlled Primary School in Eastham
The Director of Children’s Services presented a report on the outcome of the further consultation which had taken place on the establishment of a Church of England controlled primary school in Eastham and requested that the Cabinet approve the publication of statutory notices in relation to this proposal.
The 2005/2006 Primary Places Review of options for change in primary schools in Eastham resulted in the Adjudicator’s decision to approve the closure of St Mary’s CE (Controlled) Primary School from 31st August 2007. This followed the school’s placement in Special Measures by Ofsted in September 2006. At its meeting of 16th March 2006 and re-iterated on 14th December 2006, Cabinet agreed to support the Diocese of Chester if a proposal was received in order to establish a CE Controlled primary school in the Eastham area in replacement for a Community primary school. Discussions had taken place between the governing body of Millfields Primary School, the Diocese and the Local Authority on this subject, resulting in a further consultation on this option.
(1) That statutory proposals be published in respect of the closure of Millfields Primary School on 31st August 2009 and the establishment of a new Church of England Controlled school at the Millfields site from 1st September 2009.
(2) That the Director of Children’s Services be authorised to take all necessary steps to publish these proposals, ensure the prescribed procedures are followed, including requesting permissions from the Secretary of State in furtherance of the proposals.
(3) That if permission to waive a competition is not received from the Secretary of State, a further report be brought to Cabinet detailing the competition process and setting out a specification for the new school.
- Establishment of CE School Eastham, item 15. PDF 106 KB
- Eastham School Appendix A, item 15. PDF 102 KB
- Eastham School Appendix B, item 15. PDF 38 KB
- Eastham School Appendix C, item 15. PDF 38 KB
- Eastham School Appendix D, item 15. PDF 376 KB
- Eastham School Appendix E, item 15. PDF 3 MB
- Eastham School Appendix F, item 15. PDF 26 KB
- Eastham School Appendix G, item 15. PDF 15 KB
- Eastham School Appendix H, item 15. PDF 81 KB