APP/19/00315: Wirral Business Park, Arrowe Brook Road, Upton, Wirral, CH49 1QZ - Demolition of existing buildings and erection of 127 dwellings with associated landscaping and access
The Corporate Director for Economic and Housing Growth submitted the above application for consideration.
A representative of the applicant addressed the committee.
On a motion by Councillor I Lewis and seconded by Councillor S Whittingham it was –
Resolved (14:0) – That the application be approved subject to the following conditions:
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of 3 years from the date of this permission.
2. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the approved plans received by the local planning authority on 28th February 2019 and listed as follows:
BH/NW/ABR/BT01 (Boundary treatment)
TA-3B-2S-TB-E; TA-3B-2S-P1; TA-3B-2S-TT-E
GL-3B-2S-TB-E; GL-3B-2S-TT-E; GL-3B-2S-P1
CH-3B-2S-TB-E; CH-3B-2S-TT-E; CH-3B-2S-P1
MA-3B-2S-TB-E; MA-3B-2S-TT-E; MA-3B-2S-P1
SC-4B-2S-TB-E; SC-4B-2S-TT-E; SC-4B-2S-P1
CU-4B-2S-TB-E; CU-4B-2S-TT-E; CU-4B-2S-P1
BO-4B-2S-TF-E; BO-4B-2S-TT-E; BO-4B-2S-P1
PH-4B-2S-TF-E; PH-4B-2S-TT-E; PH-4B-2S-P1
3. The external finishes of the development shall correspond with the submitted Materials Plan (Drawing BH/NW/ABR/MP01) unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority
4. The noise installation measures outlined in the Noise Impact Assessment (REC Reference AC105160-1r2) shall be implemented prior to first occupation of the development and retained as such thereafter
5. The submitted landscaping scheme (set out on Drawings LDS449-01; LDS449-02; LDS449-03; LDS449-LS) shall be implemented in full no later than the first planting season following first occupation of the development hereby permitted, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
Any trees and shrubs planted in accordance with the landscaping scheme which, within 5 years of planting are removed, dying, seriously damaged or become diseased shall be replaced to the satisfaction of the Local Planning Authority by trees and shrubs of similar species and size to those originally planted.
6. The bat and bird boxes shown on the Biodiversity Mitigation and Enhancement Plan (Drawing No. P.968.17.02 Revision A) shall be provided in full prior to completion of the development and retained as such thereafter unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority
7. Prior to commencement of development, a Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The CEMP shall include measures to manage and mitigate the main environmental effects during the construction phases of the proposed development. The approved CEMP shall be adhered to in full during the construction process unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority
8. The submitted Site Waste Management Plan (Bellway Construction Statement) and Sustainability Statement (Award Energy Consultants, February 2019) shall be adhered to in full unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority
9. No development approved by this planning permission shall commence until a remediation strategy to deal with the risks associated with contamination of the site has been submitted to, and approved in writing by, the Local Planning Authority. This strategy shall include the following components:
· A preliminary risk assessment which has identified:
- all previous uses;
- potential contaminants associated with those uses;
- a conceptual model of the site indicating sources, pathways and receptors;
- potentially unacceptable risks arising from contamination at the site
· A site investigation scheme, based on the point above to provide information for a detailed assessment of the risk to all receptors that may be affected, including those off-site
· The results of the site investigation and the detailed risk assessment referred to above and, based on these, an options appraisal and remediation strategy giving full details of the remediation measures required and how they are to be undertaken;
· A verification plan providing details of the data that will be collected in order to demonstrate that the works set out in the remediation strategy are complete and identifying any requirements for longer-term monitoring of pollutant linkages, maintenance and arrangements for contingency action.
Any changes to these components require the written consent of the Local Planning Authority. The scheme shall be implemented as approved.
10. Prior to any part of the development being occupied, a verification report demonstrating the completion of works set out in the approved remediation strategy and the effectiveness of the remediation shall be submitted to, and approved in writing by, the Local Planning Authority. The report shall include results of sampling and monitoring carried out in accordance with the approved verification plan to demonstrate that the site remediation criteria have been met
11. In the event that contamination posing unacceptable risks is found at any time when carrying out the approved development then a report specifying the measures to be taken to remediate the site to render it suitable for the approved use shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
The site shall then be remediated in accordance with the approved measures and a verification report shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority
12. A sales/information pack highlighting the location of, and promoting the use of, alternative greenspaces within the area and explaining the importance, sensitivities and vulnerabilities of protected European Sites to recreational impacts, shall be provided to every new home buyer for the development hereby permitted.
13. No development shall take place until a full scheme of works and timetable for the construction of the new highways and/or amendment of the existing highway made necessary by this development, including new carriageways, footways, street lighting, surface water drainage, traffic signs, TRO’s, road markings, traffic calming, tactile paved pedestrian crossings, street furniture, access onto the adjacent highway, reinstatement to standard footway levels of any existing vehicle access from the highway rendered obsolete by the development, proposed details of the PROW adjacent to Arrowe Brook Road, road safety audit and monitoring has been submitted to and agreed in writing with the Local Planning Department. The approved works shall be completed in accordance with the LPA written approval prior to occupation of the development.
14. No development besides site clearance, demolition and land remediation shall commence until detailed plans and particulars of the sustainable drainage system, in the form of a ‘Confirmed/ Final’ Sustainable Drainage Strategy (based on the ‘Adoptable Drainage Layout’ reference P2466-SK01 Revision M), for the management and disposal of surface water from the site has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority, in consultation with the Lead Local Flood Authority.
The surface water discharge rate from the site will be restricted to no more than 150 l/s and details of the ‘Confirmed / Final’ Sustainable Drainage Strategy must meet the requirements specified in the Terms of Condition.
15. The development hereby permitted by this planning permission, including all components of the sustainable drainage system, shall be carried out in accordance with the approved final Sustainable Drainage Strategy, including any phasing embodied within, and maintained in perpetuity in accordance with an agreed Operation and Maintenance Plan, to be submitted for each development phase, approved by the Local Planning Authority, in consultation with the Lead Local Flood Authority.
The approved drainage scheme shall be fully constructed prior to occupation in accordance with the approved details, phasing and timetable embodied within the approved final Sustainable Drainage Strategy, or within any other period as may subsequently be agreed, in writing, by the Local Planning Authority in consultation with the Lead Local Flood Authority. ‘As built’ drainage design/layout drawings and a final Operation and Maintenance Plan, confirming asset details and maintenance arrangements, shall be submitted to the Lead Local Flood Authority, in accordance with any approved phasing, prior to occupation.
16. Prior to first occupation of the proposed apartments, full details of secure covered cycle parking and bin storage facilities shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. These facilities shall be provided in accordance with the approved details and made available for use prior to the first use of the apartments hereby permitted and shall be retained for use at all times thereafter.