Highways and Traffic Representation Panel
Purpose of committee
The Panel’s terms of reference are as follows:
(i). To consider objections relating to all highway and traffic management matters governed by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, whether subject to a traffic regulation order or otherwise, including (but not limited to) the following:
· waiting and parking restrictions;
· speed limits;
· one way traffic orders;
· weight limits
· prohibiting or restricting the use of heavy commercial vehicles;
· signalised and non-signalised pedestrian/cycle/horse crossings;
· provision of off street parking and parking on roads, footpaths, pavements and verges;
· traffic signs and traffic signals
· bus lanes and taxi ranks
(ii). unresolved petitions relating to highway and traffic management matters.
(iii). and to then make recommendations to the Business Overview and Scrutiny Committee (effective 27June 2016 – as a result of Review of Council’s Scrutiny Arrangements).