Issue - decisions
Townfield Primary School
18/12/2009 - Townfield Primary School - Proposed Hearing Support Base Classroom Extension - Scheme and Estimate
A report by the Director of Children’s Services described proposals to provide new Hearing Support Base facilities and on-site access improvements at Townfield Primary School, and set out the estimated costs of the scheme. The proposed scheme would also enhance security to the rear of the school and provide a link corridor to the Mersey & Dee School buildings, enabling pupils and staff to access the whole school without leaving the building, as they have to in the current set up.
The Cabinet was asked to consider and approve the proposal and to agree future years’ Capital Funding for the scheme.
(1) the overall Scheme and Estimate in the sum of £340,085 as presented, be accepted;
(2) the Director of Technical Services be authorised to seek tenders for both the main Building Works and the removal of the mobile unit;
(3) the Director of Technical Services be authorised to obtain all necessary statutory approvals for the project;
(4) the Director of Children’s Services be requested to use his delegated powers to accept the lowest bone-fide tenders and report his acceptance of the tender to the Cabinet in due course in accordance with the Council’s Procurement Policy; and
(5) Cabinet approve allocations from the 2010/11 DCSF Modernisation allocations of £40,085 be made available for this scheme ahead of Cabinet approval of the full main Capital Programme for 2010/11.