Issue - decisions
Local Development Framework - Joint Waste Local Plan for Merseyside and Halton
(1) That it be recommended to the Council that the Joint Waste Local Plan for Merseyside and Halton, which was submitted to the Secretary of State for public examination in February 2012, is formally adopted as part of the statutory Development Plan for Wirral subject to the modifications published for public consultation in November 2012.
(2) That the Council’s resolution to adopt the Joint Waste Local Plan, as modified, will come into effect one working day after the final full Council resolution of each of the six partner councils has been passed.
(3) That following the date the Council’s resolution comes into effect, the Head of Service for Regeneration is authorised, alongside the other partner councils, to publish and make the final version of the modified Joint Waste Local Plan available for public inspection and to issue the necessary notices and notifications in accordance with the requirements of national regulations and the Council’s Statement of Community Involvement (December 2006).
(4) That when publishing the final version of the modified Joint Waste Local Plan, the Head of Service for Regeneration is given delegated authority to approve any presentational or minor typographical changes that will not materially alter the content, meaning or effect of the modified Local Plan, including the addition of a foreword to be signed by representatives of each of the partner councils.
(5) That the monitoring and implementation of the Joint Waste Local Plan is undertaken alongside the Council’s partners as part of the existing contract with the Merseyside Environmental Advisory Service.
(6) That the report be referred to Planning Committee for information.