Issue - decisions
Local Development Framework - Core Strategy - Preferred Options
Further to minute 200 (26/11/09) the Deputy Chief Executive/ Director of Corporate Services presented a report seeking approval to the policy direction contained within the draft Preferred Options Report, including the principle of establishing a new city neighbourhood at the heart of the older urban areas in Birkenhead, as the basis for the preparation of a final Preferred Options Report and the accompanying documents listed under paragraph 6.9 of the report, with a view to undertaking public consultation on the Preferred Options in the Autumn. It recommended that the Council’s Sustainability Appraisal Panel should be involved in the preparation of the statutory Sustainability Appraisal of the Preferred Options; that the remaining evidence base studies for housing land; housing needs; affordable housing; and renewable energy are reported to Cabinet before being formally included within the final Preferred Options Report; and that the remaining evidence base studies including the Wirral Open Space Assessment are published for public consultation alongside the Preferred Options Report.
(1) the draft Preferred Options Report attached to this report be approved as the basis for preparing a final Preferred Options Report for public consultation, in further consultation with Council Departments;
(2) the principle of establishing a new city neighbourhood at the heart of the older urban areas in Birkenhead be supported;
(3) the final Preferred Options Report and its accompanying documents be reported to Cabinet before being submitted to Council for approval for public consultation;
(4) the Sustainability Appraisal Panel be involved in the preparation of the Sustainability Appraisal to accompany the Preferred Options Report;
(5) the findings of the evidence base studies still to be completed be reported to Cabinet before inclusion in the final Preferred Options Report;
(6) the Interim Planning Policy for New Housing Development be retained; and
(7) an annual average housing requirement figure of 250 net additional dwellings be applied in the period until the Core Strategy is adopted.