Local Development Framework - Evidence Base - Water Cycle Study
The report of the Head of Regeneration and Planning summarises the findings of the Water Cycle Study produced by URS Infrastructure & Environment UK Limited, on behalf of the Council as part of the evidence base for the Core Strategy Local Plan for Wirral.
The Water Cycle Study is a technical background document that assesses the available physical and environmental capacity in water supply and wastewater infrastructure. It also identifies wider impacts relating to flooding and wildlife habitats, together with recommendations to resolve any constraints and an evaluation of the implications for future growth. It will be used to inform the preparation of the Council’s Local Plan, future site-specific land allocations and was also required to comply with the conditions of the designation of the former Mersey Heartlands Growth Point.
The report recommends that the findings of the Water Cycle Study be used to inform the content of the Council’s emerging Local Development Framework and that the Water Cycle Study is approved as a material consideration for use by Planning Committee in the determination of planning applications.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 18/10/2012
Decision due: 26 Feb 2014 by Cabinet Member - Business and Tourism
Lead member: Cabinet Member - Business and Tourism
Lead director: Strategic Director: Regeneration and Environment
Department: Regeneration and Environment
Consultation has already been undertaken with relevant stakeholders including United Utilities, Welsh Water and the Environment Agency.
- Water Cycle Study - Executive Decision Form PDF 99 KB
- Water Cycle Study - Report PDF 123 KB
- Appendix 1 - Wirral Liverpool and Mersey Heartlands Growth Point Water Cycle Study Scoping Report PDF 2 MB
- Appendix 2 - Wirral Council Water Cycle Study Outline Study Main - Planning Report PDF 13 MB
- Appendix 3 - Wirral Council Water Cycle Study Outline Study - Technical Appendices PDF 7 MB
- Appendix 4 - Mersey Heartlands Water Cycle Study Outline Study - Main Planning Report PDF 17 MB