Leisure and Libraries Consultation Outcomes
This report provides Committee with the outcomes of public consultation exercises undertaken in relation to the development of new models of service delivery, in respect of Leisure and Library Services.
The consultation outcomes will contribute to the five thematic priorities within the Wirral Plan 2021-26 that focus on improving outcomes for whole population groups.
On 28 February 2022, Budget Council agreed a balanced budget for the 2022/23 financial year. The budget was predicated on assumptions that there would be cessation of services within the Neighbourhoods Directorate to generate savings and allow for the balanced budget to be achievable. Public consultations on affected service changes and closures prior to the final decision by the Committee on what decisions to then take in the expenditure of their budget provision in exercise of their functions, were also agreed as follows:
· The Closure of the Fun (Leisure) Pool at Europa Pools and the development of a fitness facility
· The Closure of Woodchurch Leisure Centre
· The Closure (for a 12-month period) of Wirral Tennis & Sports Centre for redevelopment
· The closure of Brackenwood (18 Hole), Hoylake (18 hole), Wallasey Beach and Kings Parade (pitch n putt) golf courses
The public consultation exercise was opened on the Councils Have Your Say platform between 31st January 2022, and 27th March 2022. A separate consultation exercise was undertaken on the Council’s proposals for a new operating model for Library Services, including a number of library closures.
This consultation ran for 8 weeks from 21 February to 18 April 2022. This decision affects all wards. This matter is key decision as the saving is greater than £500,000 and the service changes involved are significant in terms of their effect upon communities living and working within the borough.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Decision due: 16 Jun 2022 by Tourism, Communities, Culture & Leisure Committee
- 20/06/2022 - Leisure and Libraries Consultation Outcomes
- 16/06/2022 - Tourism, Communities, Culture & Leisure Committee Leisure and Libraries Consultation Outcomes 16/06/2022