Utilisation of Procure Partnerships Framework - Final 18.01
This report seeks members’ approval to delegate authorisation to the Director of Regeneration and Place to utilise the Procure Partnerships Framework to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced main contractor to develop the design and carry out the construction works in relation to the highways, public realm and active travel schemes across the Birkenhead Waterfront Programme (at Appendix 1) and in Birkenhead Town Centre via the Conway Street / Europa Boulevard (at Appendix 2) and Grange Road / Charing Cross / Grange Road West (at Appendix 3) Movement Projects.
Town centre regeneration, transport improvements and the creation of high-quality places is a long-standing priority for the Council and is reflected in the Wirral Council Plan 2021-2026 and the Birkenhead 2040 Framework.
The proposals contained in this report directly support the following key themes within the Wirral Plan:
· A thriving and inclusive economy, creating jobs and opportunities for all;
· A clean-energy, sustainable borough, leading the way in tackling the environment crisis;
· Safe and pleasant communities that our residents are proud of; and
· Healthy and active lives for all, with the right care, at the right time.
The project’s aim to create an environment that is safe and attractive for both pedestrians and cyclists in order to support modal shift and address the environment and climate emergency. These infrastructure improvements will be a critical pump priming element to the ongoing regeneration plans for Birkenhead and will contribute significantly to creating a platform for further investment.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: For Determination
Decision due: 26 Jan 2023 by Economy Regeneration & Housing Committee
- 27/01/2023 - Utilisation of Procure Partnerships Framework
- 26/01/2023 - Economy Regeneration & Housing Committee Utilisation of Procure Partnerships Framework 26/01/2023