Agenda and minutes
Venue: Committee Room 1 - Wallasey Town Hall. View directions
Contact: Katherine Borwn 0151 691 8543 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION
The Chair welcomed Members of the Planning Committee, Officers and members of the public to the meeting.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received from Councillor Brian Kenny and Councillor Mary Jordan, they were deputised by Councillor George Davies and Councillor Alison Wright.
MEMBERS DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members of the Sub Committee were asked whether they had any personal or prejudicial interests in connection with any application on the agenda and if so to declare them and state the nature of the interest.
No such declarations were made.
APP/22/01686: Land East Of Pasture Road, (including Moreton Library, Former Moreton Youth And Community Centre And Former Family Centre), Moreton. Hybrid planning application seeking: Full planning permission for the: i) Demolition of the former youth and community centre and construction of a food store on Plot A together with access, servicing, parking, pedestrian and cycle route, substation, landscaping and all other associated works. ii) Front extension and external alterations to Moreton Library on Plot B to incorporate youth provision together with outdoor activity areas, summer house, landscaping and all other associated works. Outline planning permission (with all matters reserved except for access) for the demolition of the former family centre, the construction of a residential development on Plot C and an extra care apartment development on Plot D, both with associated private amenity space, parking, landscaping, drainage and highway works alongside the provision of an amen PDF 716 KB
The Principal Planner presented the report in relation to the above application for consideration.
A representative of the applicant, Hannah Walker, addressed the committee.
On a motion by the Chair, seconded by Councillor Steve Foulkes it was –
Resolved (unanimously) that the application be approved subject to following conditions and subject to the completion of an agreement pursuant to section 106 of the Town and County Planning Act 1990 in accordance with the heads of terms set out in paragraph 3.19 of the report:
1. The following plots, as shown on plan Site Masterplan Parameters Plan Dwg No. PL(01) 005 Rev E Dated 28/09/17, are hereby permitted in FULL:
• Plot A – Foodstore
• Plot B - front extension and external alterations to the library Development shall be commenced before the expiration of 3 years from the date of permission.
Reason: To comply with Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended).
2. The following plots, as shown on plan Site Masterplan Parameters Plan Dwg No. PL(01) 005 Rev E Dated 28/09/17, are hereby permitted in OUTLINE:
• Plot C - to provide up to 45 residential dwellings (C3 use)
• Plot D: - the development of a 100% affordable 80 bed extra care apartment development (Use Class C3, with restriction to occupancy solely by residents aged 55 years of age and over) with associated communal garden, parking, access and boundary treatments.
• Plot E: to provide a new amenity area (Sui Generis Use Classification).
Approval of the all the reserved matters pertaining to the plots referred to in this condition must be made no later than the expiration of 3 years from the date of this permission.
Development of the plots referred to in this condition shall be commenced before the expiration of 2 years from the date of the approval of the last reserved matters to be approved in relation to the relevant plot.
Reason: For the avoidance of doubt and to comply with Section 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended).
3. The development hereby permitted shall not be carried out otherwise than in complete accordance with the approved plans and documents. The approved site location plan for this application is:
Site Location Plan Dwg PL(0)001 Rev E Dated 28.09.17 The elements for which full planning permission is sought are identified on the following plan:
Detailed Element Location Plan Dwg No. PL(01)002 Rev D Dated 28.09.17
The remainder of the site outwith the hatched area is the subject to outline planning permission.
Reason: For the avoidance of doubt, and in the interests of proper planning.
4. No development shall commence until approval of the details of the landscaping, layout, scale and appearance hereinafter called the reserved matters for Plots C, D and E shall be obtained in writing from the Local Planning Authority.
Reason: To comply with Section 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended).
5. No tree felling, scrub clearance, hedgerow removal, vegetation ... view the full minutes text for item 26.