Agenda and draft minutes
Venue: Palace Suite - Floral Pavilion. View directions
Apologies were received from Councillor Brian Kenny, with Councillor Samantha Frost deputising.
MEMBERS CODE OF CONDUCT - DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are asked to consider whether they have any disclosable pecuniary and / or any other relevant interest, in connection with any item(s) on this agenda and, if so, to declare them and state the nature of the interest.
Members of the Committee were asked whether they had any personal or prejudicial interests in connection with any application on the agenda and if so to declare them and state the nature of the interest.
DPP4/20/01627: West Kirby Marine Lake, SOUTH PARADE, WEST KIRBY, Proposal: The Proposed Development consists of the construction of a new linear secondary defence wall, set back along the edge of the South Parade promenade in West Kirby which will offer a high standard of protection to local residential and commercial properties. (Amended pilling method received) PDF 560 KB
The Director of Regeneration and Place submitted the above application for consideration.
The Lead Petitioner addressed the Committee.
The Lead Principal Lawyer (Regeneration, Planning and Property), read out a statement submitted by a resident.
A representative of the Applicant addressed the Committee.
On a motion by the Chair and seconded by Councillor Steve Foulkes it was –
Resolved (5:2) – that the application be approved subject to the following conditions.
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of 3 years from the date of this permission.
2. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the submitted flood risk statement (ref: October 2018/60581996 Revision 1/AECOM Ltd) and the following mitigation measures it details: construction of tidal flood protection wall approximately 1.2m height, the works are designed to remain operational in times of flood, will not result in any net loss of fluvial flood storage, nor increase flood risk elsewhere. These mitigation measures shall be fully implemented prior to occupation and subsequently in accordance with the scheme’s timing/ phasing arrangements. The measures detailed above shall be retained and maintained thereafter throughout the lifetime of the development.
3. No development shall commence until the final sustainable drainage strategy for the management and disposal of surface water from the site in accordance with Defra’s Non-statutory technical standards for sustainable drainage systems and the principles identified in the following submission has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority, in consultation with the Lead Local Flood Authority:
West Kirby Flood Alleviation Scheme - Surface Water Flood Risk Assessment (11 January 2021/ Ref: 33/2002/02/ CEUK)
4. Construction of the development shall not begin until full details of the highway works and/or amendment of the existing highway made necessary by this development has been submitted to and agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority. The approved works shall be completed in accordance with the LPA written approval.
5. No works shall take place on the site at all until a method statement comprehensively detailing the phasing and logistics of demolition/construction has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Council as Local Planning Authority.
The method statement shall include, but not be limited to:
Construction traffic routes, including provision for access to the site /exit from the site for visitors/contractors/deliveries
Any Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders that may be required to accommodate the provision of safe access/egress from the site for site vehicles and deliveries
Schedule for large vehicles delivering/exporting materials to and from site
Storage of materials and large/heavy vehicles/machinery on site
Location of directional signage within the site
Siting of temporary containers
Parking for contractors, site operatives and visitors
Identification of working space and extent of areas to be temporarily enclosed and secured during each phase of construction
Measures to control noise and dust/street sweeping/street cleansing/wheel wash facilities
Details for the recycling/disposing of waste resulting from demolition and construction works
Hours of working
Phasing of works including start/finish dates
The development shall be carried ... view the full minutes text for item 12.